Can not use this control in VB.NET

Jan 21, 2015 at 10:53 AM
I am trying to use this control in VB.NET project, but unfortunately it is not possible.
This simple code does not work:
Private Sub MainWindow_Loaded(sender As Object, e As RoutedEventArgs) Handles Me.Loaded
  Dim b As New Balloon(TextBox1,
                       "Caption",
                       BalloonType.Warning,
                       False,
                       False)
  b.Show()
End Sub
It is not possible to even compile it:

'.ctor' is ambiguous because multiple kinds of members with this name exist in class 'Mantin.Controls.Wpf.Notification.Balloon'.

It usually means that VB.NET compiler is unable to decide what Balloon constructor to use.

Can you do something with it? I really like to try this control in my WPF application.
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2015 at 8:57 PM
What version of .NET are you running? You must be on .NET 4.0 or higher. I created a new WPF VB Project in Visual Studio, got the NuGet Package, pasted your code and it worked fine. If you want, you can zip up your project and send it to me.
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2015 at 4:24 PM
Also make sure that the control that you want to attach the balloon to has an x:name. That may be why your app won't compile
Jan 27, 2015 at 8:17 AM
Visual Basic 2010 Express, .NET Framework 4 Client Profile. I can not use NuGet because of Express version. In XAML, I have xmlns:mcwn="clr-namespace:Mantin.Controls.Wpf.Notification;assembly=Mantin.Controls.Wpf.Notification" namespace import.
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2015 at 2:55 PM
If you download the dll and add it to your project's references, that's basically what the NuGet package does, so you shouldn't have a problem there. You're namespace looks good. This is what I have in the test/demo application (xmlns:Notification="clr-namespace:Mantin.Controls.Wpf.Notification;assembly=Mantin.Controls.Wpf.Notification")

Are you able to run the demo/test application? If you want to zip up your test project and send it to me (lawrence@cierra.net), I'll take a quick look at it and see what the issue is.
Marked as answer by accessguru on 4/23/2015 at 5:39 AM